Thursday, July 17, 2008

Felt so Good...

Back in May of 2006, I made my first felted bag. Actually, I haven't felted anything since then, so I guess it was also my most recent! I used Crochet Me's Pike Place Market Bag Pattern. I didn't actually finish it, though. And I never sent it to my mom. The reason is that when I tried to use yarn to sew on the handles, it didn't look very nice or neat. I tried handsewing with thread, but my stitches were hideous and not strong enough for the very thick, wool fabric.


So, I put it in a bag in a rack of my UFOs (unfinished objects), stored in the back of my closet. And there it sat. And sat.


A few days ago, I was sorting through some of my UFOs and stumbled on this bag.


*Lightbulb*


I now have a kicka** sewing machine!


So on Tuesday night, my long forgotten UFO turned into a beautiful Market Bag that my Mom can take with her to Weaver Street Market. I'll add more pictures once I have some, but for now...


Sorry for the long delay, Mom!

1 comments:

Betsy said...

Soo cute! And it looks really roomy too. I love the flowers on the straps!