Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Ready To Wear: Dog Fashion

I reallyreally wish that I had these dog sweaters photographed on an adorable dog... but alas... You'll have to just pretend. I considered buying a life-sized plushie to model the sweaters, but then I figured Beethoven would tear the poor, defenseless toy to shreds before I ever got around to the photo shoot...
so imagine these on adorable puppies.
The sweaters will be part of the silent auction "Wags and Whiskers" to benefit The Humane League of Lancaster County where my sister works.

The great thing about these sweaters is that they work up super-quickly!

Camoflage Print

Sized XS in a pull over sweater. Let the neighborhood know that he’s boss.

I used this pattern and only made small adjustments and made it in Bernat Camo yarn. It's pretty tiny, but I think it will fit a chihuahua nicely.

Lilac and Lace

Sized S and fastens around the neck and tummy band. Pretty and sweet.

I crocheted this one in lavender (caron Simply soft) with cream trim (hobby lobby cottontots). It's a hybrid of several patterns with the addition of a lace stitch from a book of stitches that I have. I added a few buttons to close it and a bow at the neck. I used this free pattern as part of the pattern "suggestion"... but I took a lot of liberties with it.

Hot Pink Diva with Fur Trim

Sized S in a pull over sweater. She’s Ready for her Close-up!

For this sassy number, I didn't use a pattern. I just used the other already made sweaters as a guide. this is the only one that isn't washable-- and that's because of the fur trim.

Fiesta Print with Sage Trim

Sized XS in a pull over sweater. Perfect for a Party Girl.

Lily-Cat is jealous because it isn't in her size.
I used this pattern with minimal adjustments and made it in red heart yarn... I washed it with fabric softener and a dryer sheet and now it feels nice and soft.

Pink Camoflage

Sized S in a pull over sweater. For the girl who’s a bit of a tomboy.

Just updated with pictures. I made it in Rose Camo by Bernat. I was actually disappointed by this yarn because it barely looks camo since there are only two colors (pink and green) instead of three. Oh, well. I used this pattern again... but changed it up a lot... mostly because the camo wasn't striping well (it looked like a checkerboard!)... so I did different stitches... I'll take a picture tonight.

Thanks for looking!

Hope these items help raise money for lots of lil cuties.